Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Union Square Market


Whenever I miss the farm and have an overwhelming feeling of being a black sheep here, I head to Union Square market where not only will I be surrounded by fruits, vegetables, flowers, baked goods, meats, and cheeses (Singing: "These are a few of my faaavorite things!"), but I’m also bound to see a familiar face or two from home. 

Today was about 55 degrees in the city! It was so nice to walk with my head up instead of burrying as much of my face in my scarf as possible and my arms swinging by my sides instead of stuffing my clenched fists in my pockets. Everybody seemed a little happier today, which makes me happy. 
I bought some lavender (recipe to come) and some sunflower sprouts, but the highlight was seeing my friend Caitlin at the Feather Ridge tent, with a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses that I'd been eying seconds earlier as well as the last deviled egg sample I snatched up. Ahh the little things...






No comments:

Post a Comment