Saturday, January 19, 2013

.Morning.Remedy.

Good Morning Sunshine
Listening to: Regina Spektor, "Far" album

Winter...oh...winter...Hibernation period.
One of the (very) few upsides I see to being cooped up inside for long periods of time, is the guilt-less excuse to really take care of myself, both physically and mentally. In the summer when the sun is shining and there's such a surplus of plans and things to do, inside is the last place you'll find me. I live in the sun. My bikini is my uniform. I bathe in waterfalls, lakes, and pools, and am always on the run- leaving little to no time for pampering and indulging in any type of beauty routine or reflecting on my life. I'm in active mode- all the time.
This winter, I've finally learned to be comfortable with really letting things sink in and taking more time for myself and ohhhh do I love it!

I like getting up hours before I need to go anywhere, so I can really enjoy the morning.  dry brushing is something I just got turned onto and sort of love. I do it before a hot shower or bath and then moisturize with coconut oil once I get out. I'll light some candles, put on some music, have some breakfast, and read blogs or cookbooks in my robe. While Summertime means dirt under my nails, wardrobe in the trunk of my car, and zero time to just SIT alone and feel like I don't need to be somewhere, Winter mornings have left me feeling like a queen without an ounce of guilt. Deeeeelightful!

Detox teas with ingredients like dandelion root and milk thistle are great liver and kidney aids- crucial during the holiday seasons.
And something I've just started doing this winter and INSIST on doing every morning is making a cup of hot water with lemon, ginger, and honey. Lemon both alkalizes the body and helps rid the body of any toxins you may have injested or absorbed the previous day. Ginger is great for digestion, and honey is...well, a miracle cure for anything and everything.

Look at me, with a routine and stuff. Who'd have ever thought?

Benefits of dry-brushing: 
• tightens skin.
• helps digestion.
• removes cellulite.
• stimulates circulation.
• increases cell renewal.
• aids lymphatic system in detoxification.
• removes dead skin layers.
• strengthens immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment