Thursday, January 24, 2013

TMS- "We Make Balls"


 Anybody who’s lived in New York for a while just might drop there jaw when I say that I finally went to The Meatball Shop…for the FIRST TIME.  I really wanted to go to the one on Greenwich Ave but since I had errands to run in Brooklyn, I went to the one on Bedford instead.  My boss at the inn was so gung-ho on me going, that she even threw a little $ at me to get me there. (Thanks Linda). 

Well, the place was awesome. All the warm bodies in there at lunch-time helped in thawing me out, as did the reggae music playing, transporting me to dream world (with a warm climate). I had three different guys wait on me, which I would normally find a little impersonal and confusing,  however the trio was very personal and friendly. I felt super taken care of, all by myself in the window seat.I also loved that they used the same dishes that my parents have at home.
Since I’m currently not drinking alcohol, I just ordered an espresso (which was not very good), making me drool over the idea of a hot port toddy, hot buttered rum, warm & cozy, or whiskey float on the menu. (Next time). 

You can choose which meat you want for the balls: beef, pork, chicken, or vegetarian. (You should know however, that whatever meat you chose, there still IS pork in the ball anyway; whether it be cooked in pork fat or mixed together with the other meat).  Then you get to pick your sauce: parmesan cream, mushroom gravy, pesto, tomato, or spicy meat. They also have a great list of sliders! I got 3 chicken meatballs with pesto over vegetables. 
The meal was way too oily for my liking; leaving me feeling a little…you know…blahhh. I just wanted to chug as much h2O as possible and lay down. That said, it was delicious plus the serving size was BIG! While I’m normally one who has to hold back from licking my plate (when in public), I could NOT stomach this whole plate in one sitting.  I’m by no means complaining though; I love leftovers…And sharing.

I wish I saved room for a make-your-own ice cream sandwich. (Next time as well)!

No comments:

Post a Comment