Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lox Omelette


This is nothing extraordinary, but it's something I just whipped up with whatever I had in my fridge (leftovers) and it was soooooo good, I wanted to share it. (SO FULL OF PROTEIN TOO.)

OMELET

Pour 1 T olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
Put in about 2 handfuls of greens (I used baby kale and spinach) and mix around until wilted. Transfer to a plate for later.
Whisk 1 egg and 2 egg whites. Pour into skillet. Swirl it around until the egg covers the bottom.


WHEN IT LOOKS ABOUT COOKED, ADD:

About 1/4 cup chopped feta (ricotta or cream cheese would probably be best.)
A couple pieces of smoked salmon
A few sprigs of fresh dill
Wilted greens (from before)


Flip half the omelet over the filling. Cover and turn off heat so everything can melt together. Eat up!



No comments:

Post a Comment