Sunday, March 3, 2013

SUSHI BOWL


I made this a few times and a few different ways now before I settled on sharing it. While I have yet to roll my own sushi, I just wanted it so bad the other night, I did this instead. When attempting the raw ahi tuna part, my roommates gave me concerned looks, prepared to call the ambulance. It worked out! Whew. It was delicious.

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups quinoa or brown/black/white rice
2 tsp. sea salt
Water measurement according to what you're using

SALAD:

Thinly slice vegetables and arrange on a bed of greens next to your grain. (Use a mandolin if you have one)
Cucumbers, radishes, carrots, spinach, radicchio, bok choy, red onion, green onion, broccoli, etc.

DRESSING:
Bring to a simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes:

Juice from 1 orange and a little zest
Jucie from 1/2 a lemon and a little zest
2 T soy sauce
2 T brown rice vinegar
1 T wasabi powder

AHI TUNA
Season a tuna steak with salt, pepper, and an Asian seasoning if you have one.  Wipe a skillet with a thin layer of oil and put on medium heat for a few minutes. Add tuna steak to the hot cooking surface and sear tuna 2 minutes on each side. Remove tuna from heat and add to salad.

TOP WITH TOASTED SESAME SEEDS, AVOCADO, AND SEAWEED (crumbled toasted nori sheets)




No comments:

Post a Comment