Monday, March 11, 2013

Look At The Sky


 A Farm Update and a Beautiful Video

 

Another amazing visit home! Headed back to the city covered in bruises, scapes , cuts, burns, and paint, I oddly couldn’t be more content. All signs of hard work and checks on the check list! (Granted, I ended up more battered than the others; accident prone calamity that I am.)

Within 20 minutes of my return home I downed a smoothie, put on crappy clothes, and met the family outside. On a beautiful day like Sunday, it’s next to impossible to dilly dally inside. We mainly cleaned out a barn , but I also climbed into a loft I haven’t explored in maybe 10 years where I found clothes (and the coolest sailor pants) from a family that lived here in THE 50’S! They fit! They fit! 

While Adam, my mom, and I cleaned out the shop and hay barn, my dad was busy working on the hard cider.  Of course he didn’t have to yank my arm to be designated taste tester.  We ordered a pizza, got FILFTHY, and worked until we were too sore to lift our arms. My kind of day! I still conserved enough energy to hula hoop through the orchard ankle deep in mud though.  It’s been awhile…

.The ladies.

.Dining room.

"Caroline, stop take pictures and keep moving?" (paraphrased)
. Cider.
.Spring cleaning.
.Forcing branches of forsythia.
.Lady Leisl in her bed of ivy.

 Morning and evening walks down to Montgomery Place raised my spirits even higher.  Amidst all the browns and grays of mud season, there are bright yellow flowers popping up!!  And furry buds on the trees in the rough garden, which I know will burst into bloom in just a few weeks.  I always wish for sunshine, but don’t the cold hibernation seasons and the anticipation make it even more exciting when it comes? 
Saturday I rode through Brooklyn wearing a flower crown and shades; sunroof open, windows down, Alt-J on the stereo, smushed in a car with my friends, and truly felt like I was drinking the sun.  I wish I could reassure and comfort my January self with this sensation.  


Since I’m on this emotional seasonality rant of appreciating the littlest signs of color and beauty, I want to share this video which my friend Jesse sent to me.  Watch the whole video…It’s only 10 minutes and you will not regret it one bit. I PROMISE.

No comments:

Post a Comment